2018 Job Vacancies
Offaly Domestic Violence Support Service have a
Job Vacancy for an Ethnic Minority Community Development Worker
Offaly Domestic Violence Support Service are currently expanding our service and have a vacancy within our team for an Ethnic Minority Community Development Worker. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying gaps and developing support structures for members of the Ethnic Minority Community residing in the Midlands and Roscommon area, which ultimately increases the referral pathways into the domestic violence support services in the region. This position will be based at Offaly Domestic Violence Support Service, No 2, Cormac Street, Tullamore, Co. Offaly. This exciting opportunity is open to individuals who are enthusiastic, diligent and who can work towards specific objectives within a team.
For an Application Form and Job Specification on this post contact Anne Clarke Development Manager on 0579351796, Email firstname.lastname@example.org Resume/C/V will not be accepted.
Only cover letter and completed application form will be considered.
The following requirements are essential:
- A recognised third level qualification in a related field in either Social Care or Community Development or similar related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the domestic violence and abuse sector
- Knowledge and experience of the Ethnic Minority Community is a distinct advantage
- Flexibility in delivery of the Service – working from multiple sites
- Full driving license and use of own car
- IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Garda vetting will apply to this post
This post is funded by Tusla, Child and Family Agency. Remuneration will be on the project worker salary scale and will commensurate with experience and qualifications. The selection process will involve the shortlisting of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in the job description. All applicants who meet the criteria may not be shortlisted for interview. Offaly Domestic Violence Support Service is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Closing date for application Friday 24th August 2018 at 5 p.m. (late applications will not be considered).